Wednesday 5 August 2009

Sad Day

It's a sad day for me today. I have closed the gallery down, packed all my pictures up and put them into storage. I have sold some original art, some prints, postcards and key rings. But the footfall promised did not materialise. Most of the visitors are on the day out coaches, they get off, have a pee and cup of tea and only have a few minutes left to browse the shops. Many have no intention of buying, its just a coach stop for them. This week they have also just opened a bric a brac emporium - loads of cheap tat. Once they have been round there then it's back on the bus ad away. I have made a loss for the last two months, so decided to quit. I am still looking for a place in Manchester, I may even go for an exhibition nearer to Christmas. But for now, nothing.

No comments: