Saturday, 2 August 2008

Catch up with Leaves

Just a catch up to show work in progress on my leaves for the botanical work. Still stitching the background, takes ages but I have done some experimental work for the leaves.
This first one is felt embellished with fibres and thread.
These are velvet, embellished with silk, shimmer fabric and some fibres. As I was lazy and didn't change the threads on my overlocker, I painted the edges with green paint to cover the white stitching.
For the next lot, I painted some bubble wrap with acrylic paints and glitter. Then ironed it between greaseproof paper to burst the bubbles and spread the paint. I intended to stitch into it, but the paint just wouldn't dry, so I put pieces of fabric over it, satin, net and the shiney fabric and ironed it again. The results on the fabric are super.
This is the satin piece, which I have started to stitch onto.

No comments: