Still looking at water. I have taken some fine net and threaded it as if I was going to use it for smocking. You can get machines to do it, but I don't have one so it was a long patient job. I have dyed it different shades of blue and then using the embellisher, just embellished some circles. I think it looks quite effective. This is the same piece but with some blue silk embellished on top.
On this piece, I added some scraps of material while threading up, so they are part of the base fabric.
I then added more silk scraps, some wool top fibres and some thread which looks like silk but is in fact made from wood fibres.
I will do some surface stitching on them now and see what they end up like.